Sunday, July 29, 2007

Movie Review: The Simpsons Movie by CD


Title: The Simpsons Movie
Starring: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Pamela Hayden
Directed By: David Silverman
Produced By: Hyejoon Yun, David Mirkin, James L. Brooks
Genre: Comedy, Animation and Adaptation
Release Date: July 27th, 2007
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for irreverent humor throughout.
Distributors: 20th Century Fox

When Homer mistakenly pollutes the river with toxic waste from his "Pig Crap" silo, he causes the EPA to encase Springfield in a glass dome, and must save them before President Schwarzenegger gives the order for the town to be destroyed. - IMDB.COM

Okay, let me try and put away my inner fan boy. I will admit being a fan of The Simpsons and trying to write an unbiased review is almost a futile as Homer attempting to solve quantum equations. Anyways let's get to this review.

I was initially worried that it wouldn't translate well from tv screen to movie screen. That for some reason, I would be let down as I have been with certain superhero movies that shall go unnamed ::cough:: Spiderman 3 ::cough:: Fantastic 4 ROTSS; but I kept hope in my heart and did my best to put on my big boy pants and deal with whatever came across the screen.

Matt Groening delivered big time. From the opening credits till the end credits, it was one big side splitter of a film. I don't want to give anything away, so it will be a bit difficult to tell you anything about this film. Let me just say that I haven't laughed so much or so hard at a movie in quite some time.

Visually the movie surprised me due to how good the 2-D animation looked. Of course, they added some 3-D animation in for certain scenes, but it was done in a seamless fashion. This is also one of the movies where you have to keep your eyes open for all the little sight gags in the background.

Some may be surprised to see such a short running time for this movie. 87 minutes doesn't seem like much of a movie in a world of big epic 2 and 3 hours movies, but it was a perfect harmonious match for the film. You didn't end up feeling like it was getting boring. I actually wished there had been a little more, but if you take into account the end credit gags, it seems like there is more movie.

Bottom Line? Go see this movie. It is worth the ticket price.

I am going to borrow Mitch's way of ending a review with a snappy line, only because I thought of one for a change.

Until Harry Plopper and the Half Mud Rinse comes out.
Read on!

C.R.Dunham
Crobertdunham@yahoo.com

No comments: